Here's how to live stream from Digital Samba to YouTube:
1. Click on the Livestream icon in Digital Samba and select YouTube from the drop-down menu.
2a. Obtaining the Stream Key from YouTube (classic method)
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner, and select YouTube Studio from the dropdown.
- Once YouTube Studio loads, head to the left side of the screen, under "Other Features," and select Live Streaming from that list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the now open streaming page and click the Reveal button under the Encoder Setup module–this is where you'll find the Stream Key.
2b. Obtaining the Stream Key from YouTube (Live Control Room method)
- To access the Live Control Room, click the creation icon in the upper right-hand corner of Youtube and select Go Live, which will take you to www.youtube.com/livestreaming/.
- A pop-up will automatically appear where you can customize your live stream details (such as title and description, category, setting your live stream as public, private, or unlisted, and scheduling for later).
3. Copy the Stream Key from Step 2a or 2b and add it to the Live stream key field in Digital Samba–then click Start Stream.
Quick tip: you’ll see a notification in the lower left-hand side of your Digital Samba screen indicating that your stream has started.
Please note: it may take up to 100 seconds for the YouTube interface to receive your stream. This is perfectly normal.
In some scenarios, you may see an error on the preview screen—but once you click Go Live, the stream will be broadcast directly to YouTube.
4. Back on your YouTube streaming page, you’ll see that your session shows up as LIVE, as well as the share options just beneath your video.
Important: if you see an error on this screen, please refresh this page. The most likely issue is that the stream is delivering correctly, but YouTube has not updated yet.