Livestreaming is available on our PRO PLUS plan level.
- Start a meeting and click the Livestream icon in Samba Live. Select YouTube from the drop-down menu:
- Go to the Youtube page you will stream to. Using the Classic Live Streaming option, click on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner, and select YouTube Studio from the dropdown.
- Once YouTube Studio loads, head to the left side of the screen, scroll down to Other Features and select Live Streaming from that list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the now open streaming page and click the Reveal button under the Encoder Setup module – this is where you’ll find the Stream Key.
- To access the Live Control Room, click the Creation icon in the upper right-hand corner on Youtube and select Go Live, which will take you to www.youtube.com/livestreaming/.
- A pop-up will automatically appear where you can customize your live stream details (add a title and description; select category; set your live stream as public, private or unlisted; or schedule for later).
- After adding details, hit Create Stream. The Stream Setup Help will automatically pop up, where you will find your stream key.
- Copy the Stream Key from Step 4 and add it to the Live stream key field in Samba Live – then click Start Stream. You’ll see the notifications on the lower left-hand side of the screen, indicating that your stream has started.
- Back on your YouTube streaming page, you’ll see that your session shows up as LIVE, as well as the share options just beneath your video.
Note: It will take up to 100 seconds for the YouTube interface to receive your stream. If you see an error on this screen, you should try and refresh. Likely the stream is delivering correctly, but YouTube has not updated correctly.