To access your microphone and camera, Samba Live needs permissions enabled in your browser. You will be asked to allow access to your mic and camera the first time you join Samba Live and a dialog box will appear on your browser's screen prompting you to grant permission to Samba Live.
What to do if you accidentally blocked or denied Samba Live permissions to your mic and camera
A common issue faced accidentally denying or blocking permission to Digital Samba for your microphone and/or camera. We have guides that show you how to change browser's permissions to grant Samba Live access to the microphone and camera—below you'll find a guide for each major browser:
- Hover to the right side of Google Chrome’s address bar and click the camera icon. If you don't see this icon, you'll want to click on a closed or locked padlock icon.
- A dialog box will pop-up. If you're able to, please select the option "Always allow https://samba.live/ to access your camera and microphone." If you don't see this option, then please click "Site Settings." You'll then see settings for Camera and Microphone. Change each to "Allow."
- Reload the Samba Live page.
For more information, please click here to visit the Google Chrome help center.
- Click on the Safari menu "Preferences."
- Choose the Websites tab and then click on the camera. Look for samba.live on the list of websites—then select Allow from the dropdown.
- Click on Microphone. Look for samba.live on the list of websites—then select Allow from the dropdown.
- Click on Screen Sharing. Look for samba.live on the list of websites—then select Allow from the dropdown.
- Reload your Samba Live page.
For more information, please click here to visit the Safari User Guide.
- Open a Samba Live session in Firefox.
- A confirmation pop-up will display asking if you want to share your device’s camera and microphone with the site. Your device’s default camera and microphone are selected from the designated drop-downs.
- If necessary, select a different camera and/or microphone.
- Select the Remember this decision checkbox if you want Firefox to remember your selections for this site so that they can be used by default in the future.
- Click the Allow button if you want to share these devices with the site.
For detailed steps on how to change blocked mic/camera settings in Firefox, please click here to visit the Mozilla Support Center.
Settings in operating systems
Sometimes, camera permissions are blocked by an operating system for your browser. Here are further instructions for how to grant access to camera by your browser:
- Go to settings > Camera
- Go to Allow apps to access your camera. Then, click the toggle on/off button to turn it on.
Here are some instructions from Apple:
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
Select the tickbox next to an app to allow it to access your camera. Deselect the tickbox to turn off access for that app.
Please see this help article from Apple for more information: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/mchlf6d108da/mac